Thank you everyone who attended last night!
We had a large group and I love that everyone starts talking right away. Conversation flows easily and effortlessly in the safe space we create; everyone shares resources, personal stories, and listens to each other and laughs together—so fantastic!
A special thank you to Chef Mike Gershkovich for adapting his already wonderful menu to be gluten-free, fish-free and nut-free for us [it was already dairy-free]!
Last nights’ menu
Choice of one appetizer
• Carrot Ginger Bisque
• White Asparagus Salad with fennel and orange
• Portobello Mushroom and Arugula Salad: port wine reduction, red onions, enoki mushroom, Caesars-style mushroom dressing
Choice of one entrée
• Chipotle Spiced Bean Chili (vegetarian): black rice, avocado, crispy corn tortilla, cilantro
• Mushroom Scented Rice Noodles: Edamame, sprouts, roasted Butternut squash, exotic mushrooms, toasted pumpkin seeds
• Pan Roasted Herb Marinated Chicken Breast: chamomile and honey glazed root vegetables, parsnip puree, herb chicken au jus
• Black Angus Rib Eye Fillet: crushed red potatoes, red-wine onion relish, green beans, chives
Most of us started with the carrot-ginger bisque that was deceptively creamy but no dairy, no soy: just deliciousness. Some of us started with the salad mushroom Arugula salad. For mains, I saw a lot of the luscious rib eye fillet. I had the white asparagus salad as my main. [After a long weekend in Bermuda eating lots of steak I needed a veggie dinner.]
Below are some pictures of the appetizers and the table whilst we ate and talked. I should have taken more, I always forget, between the eating and laughing and sharing who has time for photos!
Soup and salad apps:
The group with our entrées!
The Kosher goody bag!
Everyone was oohing and aahing over the food it was just that good and we are all looking forward to the next KOSHER WFD!